We kindly invite you to attend the Annual General Meeting to participate, to let hear your voice and to vote for the candidates for the vacancies on the EACD General Management Committee.
Date and Time: Thursday 26 November 2020, 19.00 to 21.00 hrs
Room: Virtual Hall 1, EACD Poznan 2020 Meeting
Agenda Annual General Meeting
1. Chairman’s report
2. Treasurer’s report
3. Secretary’s report
4. EACD Organizational Structure
5. Elections GMC Members
- Election of Treasurer - term 2020-2023 - End of 1st term Therese Millar, eligible for re-election
- Election of Member post - term 2020-2023 - End of 1st term Elisabet Rodby Bousquet, eligible for re-election
- Election of Nomination Committee members - term 2020-2023
- Results of election GMCs members & Nomination Committee members
6. Results of online election EACD Annual Meeting 2023
7. EACD Europe 2021 Meeting
8. Formal Handover of Chairman position
9. EACD Summer School 2019 - Presentation final report
10. Any other business
Date and location of the next Annual General Meeting:
EACD Europe 2021 Meeting, May 2021
Job vacancies on the EACD General Management Committee
The EACD has a number of vacancies to fill for the General Management Committee (GMC) from November 2020 when the present post holders will be finishing their first term of office. These positions offer an exciting opportunity to shape and guide the activities of the EACD.
Election of Treasurer and regular GMC Member position
The posts of Treasurer (Term 2020-2023) and regular GMC Member (Term 2020-2023) will be up for election at the EACD Annual General Meeting in Poznan, Poland. The current incumbents Therese Millar (Treasurer) and Elisabet Rodby Bousquet (Member) will finish their first term and are eligible for re-election.
Roles and responsibilities of Members of the GMC:
- To contribute to strategic decisions of the EACD through representation of the members on the GMC;
- To be present at the GMC meeting during the EACD conferences as well as a Mid-term meeting which may be undertaken as a web meeting, saving travel time and expense;
- To read documents sent by emails and provide timely response;
- To read and evaluate abstracts submitted for EACD conferences;
- To act as Chair during different sessions of the EACD conferences.
For more details of policies and relevant documents please see http://www.eacd.org/constitution.php
Member of Nomination Committee
In addition, the three posts of the Nominations Committee will fall vacant. The Nominations Committee is tasked to assist EACD members in finding suitable people for nomination to the General Management Committee.
Should you have any queries about any of the vacancies, or interest in applying for any of these positions, please contact Elegast Monbaliu, Secretary (email@example.com), or Dido Green, Chair of the Nominations Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interested individuals should send a brief CV and brief statement of motivation for applying to email@example.com by at latest 20th November 2020.